I got some more work done on my Subaru today–I don’t think I’ve worked on it since early December. Before today, I had it torn down to the rear timing belt covers, but now I’ve got the driver’s side cylinder head off. Without removing the engine, it’s damned difficult to remove the valve covers–that was the most time-consuming thing I did today (and I’ve still got the other side to go). I need to clean the block and the cylinder head of all the gunk and gasket material, then I can install the new gasket and start putting that half back together. At this rate, I should be done in another year or so.