I heard back from MetLife today, and they’ve authorized full payment of my claim. The check should be mailed tomorrow and will probably arrive here Tuesday. I signed the contract with Nelco and returned it, and they’ll probably begin work on Tuesday as well. Our total cost will be just under $1,200, about $800 of which we can afford to pay now, and the rest will have to wait until I get paid at the end of February. I’m relieved that the insurance company didn’t give us any problems, but I’m still not entirely at ease. I keep thinking of everything that can still go wrong, leaving me to deal with even more crap than I’d originally bargained for. I’m just afraid that we’ll spend money fixing this, then something else will pop up and need attention, and we’ll be invested too far to simply walk away (sort of like all the problems I had with my truck).