Failure to Communicate

Bleh…not much to write about lately. I’ve pretty much just been piddling around the house and doing the daily routine. The dishwasher broke the other day–started leaking all over the floor. The part that had sprung the leak wasn’t replaceable, so I fixed it with about ¼ tube of caulk. Yeah, quite the professional job.
Since we haven’t really had the chance to go camping yet, I decided to do some repairs on the trailer while it was just sitting in the driveway. The floor near the door has always been sagging, so I cut into it with the intention of replacing that section with new plywood, then placing peel-and-stick tiles on the entire floor to cover it up. There ended up being only two floor joists that I can screw the new floor into, and I had to cut a much larger hole that I’d planned in order to get even that far. Now I’ve got to figure out how to support the other two sides of the new floor, but I think I can manage it.
I’m also planning on running some duct work through to the inside of the trailer so I can hook up our old (and very small) swamp cooler whenever we’re camped at a place where we have electrical hookups. My wife’s family reunion is in three weeks, and it’ll be at the UP&L campground in Huntington Canyon where they do have power (I would hope so, it’s right next to the power plant), so I’ll definitely want to bring it there. I brought my blender the last time we were there (wink wink) and it helped relieve the heat of being so damned low in the canyon, but I think this year will be even better.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.